Teacher: John Schoenheit
In the early 1900’s, a movement started that is now referred to as “the Word of Faith Movement,” which teaches that if a person has faith, he can be successful, prosperous, and healthy. But is that really what the Bible teaches? In this teaching, John Schoenheit examines how the English word “faith” came into our language, and what it means; why the Word of Faith Movement is so strong, and why faith so often seems to work for people; some of the consequences of believing that our faith makes things happen in the world around us; how our trust in God or Christ does not force things to happen; and the wonderful effects of trusting God and living wisely.
Trying to make things happen by “just having faith” puts an immense amount of pressure on Christians, and we believe that this teaching will help many people to better understand what happens in the world around them, and to be more peaceful in their hearts.
Find us online at:
– Download our free ministry app – http://www.stfonline.org/app
– Listen to our free audio seminars – http://www.stfonline.org/audio/seminars
– Read our free online magazine – http://thesowermagazine.com
– Listen to our free Audiobooks – http://www.stfonline.org/audiobooks
– Join our free Academy – http://www.STFAcademy.com